Friday, February 14, 2014

Some thoughts on Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell

This book definitely lived up to the hype.  I loved the omniscient storytelling.  You really would have been clueless had the book only been one-sided.  Even though you pretty much know what's going to happen from the beginning, everything is so beautifully described that you melt and remember the first time you fell in love and did all the same things.  Really, this book feels too magical to actually review.  It has found a place close to my heart.

I love that Eleanor reached out to Park in the end.  I hate that it took her so long, but I'm glad she finally did.  I just would have liked to know what happened to her family.  I hope that when Park saw Richie toward the end, he was by himself because Eleanor's mom and the kids are living somewhere else...

1 comment:

  1. YES! I LOVED this book so much! The ending was so perfect

    ReplyDelete