Sunday, December 29, 2013

Review on Cinder by Marissa Meyer

I've been avoiding this book for a long time. For some reason, I didn't think I'd like it, but I was so, so wrong. There are so many unexpected events that happen in this book, along with wonderful characterization and of course the connection to the Cinderella fairy tale. I thought it was obvious for awhile who Cinder really was, but the way she figured it out was believable and realistic. I love that she went to the ball as she was. I love that the doctor wasn't who everyone thought he was, and he ultimately left the choice of what to do to Cinder in the end. She had to accept who she was rather quickly, but I'm glad she embraced it. I'm sad that it seems the next book will move away from Kai, as I want to know what happens to him. Ironic to think he was looking for someone the whole time who he met by chance. I also loved that you get a glimpse of Cress in this book, and that she helped push Cinder to the ball.

I can't wait to read Scarlet. Maybe I waited so long because I knew deep down how good the series would be. Now I can read the second one, and the third one in February and only have to wait for the last one to come out in early 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment